Monday, February 22, 2010

The waves are calling me




The waves are calling me

Towering, emmense, cushing
and then...
calm and sultry
and warm...

I can feel the sun on my skin
and the slow rocking of the boat

The mystical sensation pours over me
moving through my body

It is calling me...

To the sea!

To the sea!

It is calling me.

Someday I would like to write to you about my adventures aboard Luna in the Channel Islands. I spent 6 weeks sailing there with the company of friends at times and also alone. The many days I spent alone were some of the most magical times of my entire life. Alone on the sea, and at the islands has to be, without a doubt, the most sublime experience!

Of course it was horrid at times: when my hands felt like meat hooks from hour after hour of trimming sails and holding on during windy passages, and when my whole body ached from lack of sleep and exhaustion.

But when the sun was shining and the weather was calm. I would go ashore and meditate on the beach, listening to the sound of the waves. So sweet to sit and wonder at the mystery of living. What power is such that it can create islands and waves and sea shores? What wonderful blessing to be able to breathe and move and dream! To dream! What a blessing to be able to penetrate to the very core of what it means to exist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

free counters